Easter Reminded Me of the Miracles That Are My Children

Greetings from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania! Things have been busy. I am still a working mom of three, working full time who is trying to make a difference. I do a lot of things and try to be present so that I can learn from them. I share them on this blog so that we can learn together. Below are some thoughts, hacks, and/or lessons that I have learned from navigating my world. Below is a tale of my road to becoming the mother of three. It was a road filled with joys and disappointments. However, I wouldn't giving nothing for my journey now. Here's to embracing every step of the journey, even the painful ones, and embracing the lessons learned along the way.

Wednesday Words of Wisdom...

      "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have    
        imagined."    -Henry David Thoreau

As you know, during this time of reflection and redemption I have been focusing on achieving my dreams. I have also tried to identify my barriers to achieving those dreams. I realize that the barriers are largely of my own creation.

I wasn't born into privilege, but I was blessed to have parents who provided for my needs, including college and who are self sufficient.  I have the luxury of being able to focus on my own life and my own family.

I am also an attorney.  That means that I am more highly educated than most of the population. It also means that I know a lot of talented and educated people.  So why haven't all of my dreams come true?

I believe that I have the answer. I haven't achieved my dreams because I have failed to pursue them confidently. Instead, I have thought about my dreams, talked about my dreams, and imagined what they would be like. That's a start, but it is not enough.

I need to believe in my dreams. I need to believe in me. And, I need to stay focused. "Belief" and "Focus" may just result in all of the confidence I need. 

What do you think that you need to accomplish your dreams?




Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments