Easter Reminded Me of the Miracles That Are My Children

Greetings from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania! Things have been busy. I am still a working mom of three, working full time who is trying to make a difference. I do a lot of things and try to be present so that I can learn from them. I share them on this blog so that we can learn together. Below are some thoughts, hacks, and/or lessons that I have learned from navigating my world. Below is a tale of my road to becoming the mother of three. It was a road filled with joys and disappointments. However, I wouldn't giving nothing for my journey now. Here's to embracing every step of the journey, even the painful ones, and embracing the lessons learned along the way.

A Working Mom Has What Rachel Zoe Craves!

Rachel Zoe is a celebrity stylist. Some of her previous clients include Nicole Richie, Demi Moore and Cameron Diaz.  Some people criticize Rachel Zoe for her weight. Some may even call her vapid.  However, even among her critics it is widely accepted that she is a force in fashion and considered to be one of the premier stylists. She even has her own reality TV show called, "The Rachel Zoe Project".

I tend to like her style. The big glasses, long pants and big hair appeal to me.  Also, Rachel Zoe is a mom. And if you haven't noticed, I hold all moms in high esteem.

I consider myself to be a relatively stylish person. However, I am a realist. I am a little Black girl from Rochester, New York, which is not necessarily known as fashion forward.  I now live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, which is widely known for football, food, and fun.  However, it is not generally discussed in the same breath as Manhattan, Milan or Paris when it comes to fashion, not even by Whirl magazine, a local magazine that tries to bring a little glamour to Pittsburgh.  Indeed, some might say that Pittsburgh could be the permanent location for "What Not to Wear". I didn't say that, but others have...

Recognizing my humble beginnings I make an effort to be stylish. I peruse fashion magazines and bargain shop in an effort to accomodate my caviar dreams on my calamari budget...

To that end, I've been trying to wear all of my summer clothes this summer. Two summers ago I was pregnant. Last year, I was so consumed with being a new mom that I didn't have the energy to devote to thinking about fashion.  This summer is different.

Today, I selected a shirtdress that I got from the GAP in Manhattan a few years ago.  It's an oldie, but a goodie and people complimented me all day.  I was feeling pretty good about my old dress.

But it got better! 


I just opened an email from Piperlime with the subject line: "What Rachel Zoe is craving for summer" and saw a near replica of the dress that I wore to work today! Could it be that this Pittsburgh mom has what Rachel Zoe craves?!

Below is what I wore today and here is a link to the Rachel Zoe pick. I actually think that I like mine better. You be the judge!

http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/product.do?searchCID=4016&cid=4016&vid=1&pid=335489&scid=335489002

Original GAP dress probably $49.99. Knowing that Rachel Zoe wants it, priceless! :-) (Shoes are by Guillaume Hinfray. Love Bluefly! (www.bluefly.com)



Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

Kristen said…
Ahhh, nice!! I do like yours better..it was originally cheaper and yet it seems nicer. Nice. Even better that RZ wants it. You are a cute mama! :)

Have a blessed day!

~Kristen
mamawinkle.blogspot.com
Anonymous said…
whoah this blog is great i like reading your articles.
Stay up the great work! You recognize, many people are hunting round for this information, you can help them greatly.
Stop by my blog ; Visit Me