Easter Reminded Me of the Miracles That Are My Children

Greetings from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania! Things have been busy. I am still a working mom of three, working full time who is trying to make a difference. I do a lot of things and try to be present so that I can learn from them. I share them on this blog so that we can learn together. Below are some thoughts, hacks, and/or lessons that I have learned from navigating my world. Below is a tale of my road to becoming the mother of three. It was a road filled with joys and disappointments. However, I wouldn't giving nothing for my journey now. Here's to embracing every step of the journey, even the painful ones, and embracing the lessons learned along the way.

Toddler Tales: If Toddlers Could Talk

I just read the most awesome piece on Huffington Post called "The Honest Toddler". It even had the tag line, "Not Potty Trained, Not Trying". 

From what I know it wasn't written by my toddler. However, she does amaze me with newly acquired skills, daily.  Given how precocious she is I would not be at all surprised if she secretly stole my iPad, got a password to Huffington Post, typed a piece and submitted it.

We're blessed that she's a good sleeper.  I am nervous writing that though.  It seems like every time I even think it she wakes up at 5:00 AM in search of a hug, milk, or her doll.  Still, that's only happened a few times since she's turned one. So, we're really fortunate.

I'm not saying that I haven't run into her room frantically in the nude to appease her, but I'm not saying that I haven't either. 

I know that this mothering thing has tested me in ways that I never imagined. Like most moms I have believed that my child was unaware of my faults.  I might be wrong though.  Read the Huffington Post piece.  Apparently, the toddlers are watching and keeping score!

"The Honest Toddler" http://www.huffingtonpost.com/honest-toddler/im-sorry_4_b_1761989.html?utm_hp_ref=parents&ir=Parents
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments