Easter Reminded Me of the Miracles That Are My Children

Greetings from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania! Things have been busy. I am still a working mom of three, working full time who is trying to make a difference. I do a lot of things and try to be present so that I can learn from them. I share them on this blog so that we can learn together. Below are some thoughts, hacks, and/or lessons that I have learned from navigating my world. Below is a tale of my road to becoming the mother of three. It was a road filled with joys and disappointments. However, I wouldn't giving nothing for my journey now. Here's to embracing every step of the journey, even the painful ones, and embracing the lessons learned along the way.

A Peek Into the Life of a Working Mom: Counting My Blessings

There are days when I think even atheists praise God. Today is one of those days. Yesterday I heard some very disturbing news about a young woman that reminded me of how blessed I am and have been. It’s not that I haven’t had challenges, but knowing about the challenged faced by others has a way of giving me perspective.


Counting my blessings

Today, I got up and went for a run. The sun is shining, which is always a major event in Pittsburgh. As I ran along the river I really experienced the splendor of it. I noticed the geese, the smells and enjoyed the warmth of the sunshine on my face. With each step my faith was renewed. I don’t know why I am so enormously blessed, but I believe that right thing to do, the only thing I can do is to be grateful.
Once my toddler wakes up I am going to hug her hard and enjoy every moment with her—even the crying, whining and potty accidents! (We’ll see if that’s a reality. I am grateful, but I am not perfect.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments

mrsgregwillis said…
It sure was a beautiful day for that. And yes, hug the toddler lots and enjoy the precious times.