Easter Reminded Me of the Miracles That Are My Children

Greetings from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania! Things have been busy. I am still a working mom of three, working full time who is trying to make a difference. I do a lot of things and try to be present so that I can learn from them. I share them on this blog so that we can learn together. Below are some thoughts, hacks, and/or lessons that I have learned from navigating my world. Below is a tale of my road to becoming the mother of three. It was a road filled with joys and disappointments. However, I wouldn't giving nothing for my journey now. Here's to embracing every step of the journey, even the painful ones, and embracing the lessons learned along the way.

Reading on the Run: Articles of Interest to Working Women


“There is no such thing as work/life balance. If working is a part of your life, you have to figure out how to make the situation work for you.” –Chatón T. Turner

I am passionate about mothers who work and mother their children. There’s an art to it, but little science. I write about my own quest for balance in stilettos, but realize the value in the stories shared by other working moms.
Below are a series of articles. One entitled, “Prioritizing: Mess Takes a Back Seat to Being a Mother” has that have been great for my self esteem. It’s nice to know that other moms struggle to keep their homes clean too!

Prioritizing: Mess takes a back seat to being a mother
Orlando Sentinel
My towels were hung up, clothes were put away, my bed was made (well, maybe I am imagining that it was), and I knew where to find everything. But all that changed when I became a busy working mom living with two messy males, who bring out my inner ...


Common Ground: Challenge of working from home is rewarding
The Advocate
Another lesson I've learned while working at home is to separate mom duties from business duties. Once I close my office door and post my “do not disturb” sign, I can ignore dishes, laundry and other duties that ordinarily call my attention. When the ...

 Kate Hudson understands the modern-day mother
SheKnows.com
Kate Hudson has decided to launch a sportswear collection that has been modeled around her own life, for the fashionable, but busy mother. "As a working mom, I know what it's like to be on the go and running around from one activity to the next," she said.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments