Easter Reminded Me of the Miracles That Are My Children

Greetings from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania! Things have been busy. I am still a working mom of three, working full time who is trying to make a difference. I do a lot of things and try to be present so that I can learn from them. I share them on this blog so that we can learn together. Below are some thoughts, hacks, and/or lessons that I have learned from navigating my world. Below is a tale of my road to becoming the mother of three. It was a road filled with joys and disappointments. However, I wouldn't giving nothing for my journey now. Here's to embracing every step of the journey, even the painful ones, and embracing the lessons learned along the way.

Confessions: My Love Affair With Summer (#SummerTimes)

I've had a love for Summer for some time. I first publicly documented this love sometime ago in a blog post entitled, "The Summer is my New Boyfriend". (Below is a link to that post.) Now, I think it is more accurate to say that the Summer is my tried and true lover with whom I've having an intense affair.
 
Since I live in Pittsburgh, my time with Summer is fleeting. Also, as a mother who works full-time outside of the home, I am pulled in a lot of directions. Many of those directions involve attending meetings in conference rooms that have re-circulated air. So, I spend a great deal of time indoors staring at the sun but unable to feel the heat. 
 

I savor my summer experiences.

 
For these reasons, I savor every moment that I get to spend enjoying the summer. I try to run along the river on most mornings. Feeling the sun shine on me and the intensity of the sun reflecting off of the water energizes me.
Because I can't get enough of being on the river, after work we generally walk or run along the river too. So, often, I get two doses a day, which is a great treat.
 
Even though we've had some storms we've had a hot summer full of sunshine and it seems like it will never end. I know that Summer won't last forever. So, I have been chronicling our Summer in photos!
 
Link to the original article.

Chaton's World: A Working Mom's Quest for Balance in Stilettos: The Summer Is My New Boyfriend...: I have fallen in love and this love has been a passionate one. And while it will not last forever, I know that this love is special...

PHOTOS

Climbing trees.

 
 
 








 
 


Finding sticks is great fun!


 
 








Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments