One Secret to a Working Mom's Success: Keep Standing

Me, standing in Barbados Those of us who live our lives out loud on the internet subject ourselves to scrutiny. Some comment, "Nobody's life is perfect. These posts must be fake," Those making those comments might even be close to us because they "know our business" and they whisper and gossip and say, "she's so fake".  To those who may read my blog and make such comments, (the trolls) know that I hear you, see you, and completely disagree. 

A Peek Into the Life of a Working Mom: Funny Toddler Story

Being a mom gives you a lens into personality formation. I have learned that the inclination to pass the buck starts early. I have also learned that my daughter is constantly listening to me.

The other day my daughter reached into her bag and pulled out a rotten banana.  She exclaimed, "look what my father did!" The funny thing about her statement is it reflects what I say all of the time but it is a lie.


The rotten banana started out as a ripe banana that my daughter and her aunt Jeryn put into the bag when they went on an outing.  I guess they forgot about it and it rotted. I suspect my daughter made the statement because, "look what your father did!" is something I say about 100 times a day. I guess she figured that blaming her father was what was done under such circumstances.

I feel slightly guilty. Any other moms create a "father blaming" monster?!
Enhanced by Zemanta

Comments