Easter Reminded Me of the Miracles That Are My Children

Greetings from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania! Things have been busy. I am still a working mom of three, working full time who is trying to make a difference. I do a lot of things and try to be present so that I can learn from them. I share them on this blog so that we can learn together. Below are some thoughts, hacks, and/or lessons that I have learned from navigating my world. Below is a tale of my road to becoming the mother of three. It was a road filled with joys and disappointments. However, I wouldn't giving nothing for my journey now. Here's to embracing every step of the journey, even the painful ones, and embracing the lessons learned along the way.

A Peek Into the Life of a Working Mom: The Weekend

This past weekend we got to have family time. And family time is always good!

Anybody who has kids understands that it is important to keep them stimulated. One way to do that is learning about interesting events and attending those that make sense.  This past weekend, I had plenty of time to find events for the kids because I was a single parent. 

As I have said before, I have the utmost respect for single parents. As much as I whine and as much as I do, I know that I don't do nearly as much as they do.  And every time I get a taste of their struggles, I thank my lucky stars, God and Baby Jesus that I do not have to do it all of the time.  Like my sister would say, I'm not about that life.

This past weekend, Andre was attending a bachelor party.  No that was not a typo. He was their the entire weekend. They rented a boat on the lake and stayed there from Friday till Sunday.  

While Andre partied on Friday night, we played it more low key.  We did more on Saturday though!


Exhaustion

On Saturday, I hung out with my kids, found activities for them to do--watched TV, danced, played at the indoor playground at Ross Park Mall and had pizza.  


A rainy day in Pittsburgh

On Sunday we and attended a birthday party.  I also managed to clean the house to get it show ready for a potential buyer, make breakfast and breastfeed the baby every two hours.  I am typing this post at midnight because this is the first free time I've gotten.  


Fried chicken was a welcome treat at the party!
That said, I have to admit it was a lot of fun and I'm proud of myself.  Having my two kids in bed with me this morning was really sweet. That said, I am really glad Andre is back!

(True confession, I called our dear babysitter Emily on Saturday to help me.  I still think I get should get some credit though!)








Comments