One Secret to a Working Mom's Success: Keep Standing

Me, standing in Barbados Those of us who live our lives out loud on the internet subject ourselves to scrutiny. Some comment, "Nobody's life is perfect. These posts must be fake," Those making those comments might even be close to us because they "know our business" and they whisper and gossip and say, "she's so fake".  To those who may read my blog and make such comments, (the trolls) know that I hear you, see you, and completely disagree. 

A Peek Into the Life of a Working Mom: Being Interviewed for Working Motherhood

Failure isn’t fatal and success isn’t final.”

One of the coolest experiences of my maternity leave was being interviewed by Dr. Portia Jackson for a podcast on Working Motherhood.  I valued the experience because it gave me the opportunity to reflect on some of the things that I have learned as a working mom.  During our conversation, I surprised myself.  I realized that becoming a mother has enhanced my life as a whole, but also my career because it has made me more focused. 

I also realized that effectively balancing the demands of being a working mom has been a series of accomplishments and mistakes.  I am happy to say that I have learned from my mistakes, applied what I have learned and have committed to living by best life.  Participating in this interview gave me an opportunity to share what I have learned and hopefully inspire other working moms.  

The best part of the experience was speaking with Portia, a most delightful host.  Here’s a link to the podcast. 

ENJOY!!!


Comments