One Secret to a Working Mom's Success: Keep Standing

Me, standing in Barbados Those of us who live our lives out loud on the internet subject ourselves to scrutiny. Some comment, "Nobody's life is perfect. These posts must be fake," Those making those comments might even be close to us because they "know our business" and they whisper and gossip and say, "she's so fake".  To those who may read my blog and make such comments, (the trolls) know that I hear you, see you, and completely disagree. 

Celebrating Thanksgiving!!!


In light of everything going on in our country right now, I am extraordinarily grateful. I am grateful to have my family with me. I am grateful that I have the privilege to parent my children. And I am blessed that we have a roof over our head, food to eat and the joy that comes in knowing that we love one another.



Life is fragile and tomorrow is not promised. So, I encourage each of you to honor the chance that you have been given today to love your family. If you're not together, give them a call. There are no clear answers with how to fix the problems illuminated by the Ferguson tragedy. However, it has taught us all to take nothing for granted.



Comments